Renovare Wellness is proud to announce that Dr. Timothy Gerhart currently working on his 5th book titled “Creating an Invincible Immune System – Empowering You to Stay Well in Challenging Times”.
Read the Introduction below that will guide you to an “Invincible Immune System”.
What is an “Invincible Immune System”? It is an immune system that easily fends off viral threats with potent anti-viral weapons. Then it quickly stops to avoid damaging healthy tissue. It is vigilant and only responds when needed and maintains the complex balance between friendly microorganisms that live in and on us and the potential pathogens that could make us sick.
When the seasonal flu, common cold, SARS, COVID or whatever virus is making its rounds, there are always those who, even though exposed, don’t get sick. They have an Invincible Immune System.
The fact is germs (viruses, flu, SARS, COVID, bacteria) don’t make us sick. If they did, 100% of those exposed would get sick every time they were exposed. Recent data on COVID 19 shows from 25% up to 50% of those exposed to the virus don’t get sick – many don’t even know they were exposed.
What makes us sick is a WEAKENED IMMUNE SYSTEM combined with exposure to a “germ” trigger. Louis Pasteur, the famous microbiologist who discovered germs is reported to have said on his deathbed that: “The germ is nothing, the terrain (immune system) is everything”.
Our immune systems have been keeping us well since the dawn of time. Yet, many live in viral fear. Annual flu epidemics kill 250,000 – 500,000 people each year. We have a long history of viral infection epidemics and pandemics. Recent history includes:
- 1918 Spanish Flu – led to up to 100 million deaths
- 1957 Asian Flu – led to 1-4 million deaths
- 1968 Hong Kong Flu – led to about 1-4 million deaths worldwide
- 1981-present AIDS Pandemic– led to over 32 million deaths worldwide
- 1997 Bird Flu – led to 352 deaths (a lot of scare at the time, few deaths)
- 2002-2004 SARS (from a coronavirus) outbreak – led to 774 deaths worldwide
- 2009 Swine Flu – up to 575,000 deaths worldwide
- 2012 MERS (another coronavirus) – led to 862 deaths
- 2014-2016 West African Ebola epidemic – led to more than 11,000 deaths
- 2015-present Zika Virus epidemic – led to over 50 deaths
- 2017-2018 United States Flu season – led to 60,000 to over 80,000 deaths
- 2019-2020 Coronavirus epidemic – 149,884 deaths worldwide as of 4/17/20) (Note: Death toll may be inflated since many deaths not conclusively linked to COVID 19)
Sobering, even scary list. The list above of diseases is sobering reminder that the latest COVID 19 pandemic is not the first and certainly not the last viral disease challenge we will face. Also, that the COVID 19 pandemic is not even in the same league compared to past challenges. The Spanish Flu led to 100 million deaths, COVID 19 to April 17th just 150,000 deaths. We are fortunate to have escaped a really serious immune challenge this time around.
With this long list of disease and death, how are any of us even still alive? What is the difference between those who get sick and die and those who not only survive, but often don’t even get sick?
Our wonderous, miraculous, incredible immune system is the difference. With the COVID 19 pandemic, over 25% (and rising with more testing) of those infected don’t get sick at all! Is now a great time to start creating a more Invincible Immune System so we stay in the “over 25%” group?
This “over 25% group” is a practical example of “Invincible Immune Systems” at work. This is the opposite of weakened, stressed, beat-up, toxic, drugged, diseased immune systems.
In active practice since 1983, often treating patients who are sick, I have been exposed to LOTS of viruses and other microbes. I have learned that the most important factor to me staying well is how well I am taking care of my immune system. Using many of the approaches I describe in this book, I am very rarely sick – less than one sick day every 5 years by my count. I now understand that when I get sick, it is my own darn fault. I have let excessive stress, overwork, under-rest, and more weaken my immune system while neglecting what is needed to build my immune system. As Louis Pasteur, the famous scientist who championed the “germ theory”, reportedly said on his deathbed, “The terrain (bio terrain or immune system) is everything, the germ is nothing”. To me this means our immune health is primary – the “germ” or microbe is secondary.
Immune challenges have been mounting to weaken large swaths of our population. We are woefully unprepared for major challenges like COVID 19. Make no mistake, this is not the last of our immune challenges.
Let me guide you through this book on the journey towards creating a more “Invincible Immune System”. This involves reducing the “bad stuff” (toxic and stressful loads) that weaken our immune system while a adding the “good stuff” to support our high-level immune wellness.
Let’s start together the journey to learn how to do just that.
Renovare looks forward to keeping you informed of the future release of “Creating an Invincible Immune System – Empowering You to Stay Well in Challenging Times”.
What is the one of the biggest risk factors for getting seriously sick with COVID and ending up in the hospital?
Are your surprised?
“Obesity has been found to be one of the biggest risk factors leading to hospitalization for those with coronavirus.” This is from research our of England. https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11355265/coronavirus-is-obesity-risk-factor-covid/
There are multiple reasons obesity creates elevated risk of getting sick:
- Obesity is caused by poor cellular energy production in our mitochondria. Instead of making energy, we are making fat and free radicals. This starves our immune system of the energy needed to keep us Well.
- Obesity creates massive inflammation which degrades immune function and damages our protective 1st line of defense – our mucosa that covers our nose, throat, sinus, lungs and more.
- Obesity increases our risk of the deadly “cytokine storm” in which our dysfunctional immune system destroys the virus in our lungs and then gets stuck “ON” and damages and destroys our lung tissues. This can lead to massive drops in blood pressure, organ failure, and death.
Is now a good time to binge on junk food, binge watch TV or play video games, and stress out on depressing fear-based news?
Most of our obesity epidemic is caused by metabolic syndrome or insulin resistance. How do we help our metabolism so we can release fat and get healthier?
Metabolic Syndrome Repair Basics
- Fix the Brain and Body on Fire
- Fix Blood Sugar and Insulin Regulation
- Take a break from the sugar (esp. hidden sugar in processed foods) and from the grains that quickly convert to sugar
- Avoid liquid sugar like the plague
- Sodas (both the sugar loaded and artificially sweetened)
- Fruit juices
- Supplement Smart
- Increase Colored Veggies, healthy fats, and prebiotic & fermented foods (See microbiome chapter and Eat Smart Chapter)
- Restore your sleep
- Add some movement – an active lifestyle is better than torturing yourself with occasional visits to the gym that you hate. A brisk morning walk and another after dinner do far more than we realize.
- Drink at least two quarts of filtered water per day.
- Get help with sugar addiction. See the section on Neurotransmitter support. Must deal with the major underlying causes. Often serotonin depletion, living on the hormones of stress – a life out of balance. A brain out of balance – neurofeedback and meditation can be quite helpful.
Why COVID Death Rates are Artificially Elevated
Since very few of the mild cases are being tested or counted, the death rates tend to be artificially elevated. The actual death rates are likely comparable to our most recent H1N1 flu epidemic.
For example, if 1000 COVID cases occur, and we count only those 100 cases with moderate to severe symptoms (top to the pyramid) and have 10 deaths, we have a 1% death rate. If we count all 1000 COVID cases, we now have a .1% death rate. Our most current flu outbreak had a .1% death rate.
Perhaps this is why some estimates of COVID death rate are as low at .1%?
Jason Oke at the University of Oxford thinks not all of the deaths attributed to the coronavirus are caused by it. He points out that while there is an excess of deaths in Italy according to EuroMOMO, a public health monitoring organisation, it isn’t as large as that during the last bad flu season in 2016. His team thinks the infection fatality rate could be as low as 0.1 per cent.
Did we fear the flu and resort to massive fear and disruption of our country over the flu? Are we reacting in a rational way to COVID?
Perhaps we have nothing to fear but fear itself – as long we have a reasonably healthy immune system?
Perhaps focusing on building our immune system should be our primary focus?
My top Nutritional Supplements to build immune function:
- Vitamin K2-D3 I recommend 10,000 IU of Vitamin D3 along with 360 mcg of Vitamin K2 (MK 7 version)
- Mega Multi Pro or another high grade multiple vitamin/mineral designed to be used at 3 or 4 capsules per day.
- Zinc Glycinate – highly absorbable form.
- Vitamin A – Bio AE Mulsion Forte is my favorite at 15 drops 3X/day
- Vitality C – at 8 to 16 grams per day.
- Biocidin – a synergistic blend of 17 herbs and essential oils with over 30 years of clinical use.
- Brain Relax Max – reduce stress and boost cellular energy to power our Immune system.
Call 623.776.0206 for a complimentary consult with one of our Renovare Wellness Mentors to help design a program to best support your immune system.
There is a gift tucked away into many of the trials we are confronted with in life. During this unique time, it may be hard to push away the fear, frustration, anger. Television programs, social media posts, and emails all target the dark side of this pandemic we are living through.
Countless numbers of us are isolated in our homes with minimal face to face contact with others. We miss the simple touch of another human beings’ hand. Perhaps we have not had to confront ourselves in an exceptionally long time. Distractions in life may not allow us to hear our own thoughts or listen to our own breath. However, if we can manage to reign in our fear – calm our minds and center our spirit, we can discover something special for the taking.
So many have more still time in their life than ever experienced. Now is the moment to go within yourself to discover something new. What have you not unleashed in your spirit? What desires have you put on a back burner? Continue to move forward daily towards a desire or goal. It may be reading, writing, starting a new exercise routine, learning to meditate, deepening your prayer life, catching up with old friends. Whatever that desire is, step away from the things that may create negative thinking for you and move towards something that makes you feel alive and inspired.
Find that hidden gift. It may even inspire others and create much needed light and joy in our world.
Let us know your thoughts!
COVID-19 – a term that we are all too familiar with in these recent months. This virus and our worldwide reaction to it has quickly brought about changes to what we believed as “normal life”. In many ways, our creativity has surfaced in a way that we did not know even existed in the depth of our being.
World leaders, doctors and scientists have quickly implemented tests, procedures, and medical choices, (and in some cases experimental) to help curtail or eliminate the effects of this pandemic.
Hidden in the chaos of these changes, could we lose some of our rights? Freedom of choice is something that this country has fought and died for. This does include our freedom of healthcare decisions which DOES include vaccinations. Losing the freedom to choose how we treat our body is one of our most fundamental freedoms.
The World health organization or W.H.O. is trying to mandate a new vaccine – only this vaccine will possibly contain an invisible dye that can be seen with a special filter to ensure who has or has not been vaccinated. A recent article was published by Scientific American outlining specifics of this vaccine. https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/invisible-ink-could-reveal-whether-kids-have-been-vaccinated/ .
We are not here to make a political stance on vaccines, but rather to inform you that your medical rights could be at risk.
A thought-provoking post was written by a naturopathic doctor. He posed the following questions:
👉🏼Who owns all of the patents on all the COV vaccines:. And when was the virus patented?
👉🏼Who is the majority private funder of the W.H.O.?
👉🏼 who declared the pandemic?
👉🏼What was Event 201 all about?
👉🏼Who did Fauci and Birx used to work for?
👉🏼Who says quarantine must continue until a vaccination is available in 12-18 months?!?!
👉🏼Who’s behind all of those initiatives?
👉🏼And now go learn all about ID2020. And who is behind that too?
Please educate yourself so that you can make informed decisions.
Renovare is providing a link to a free eBook titled Truth Will Prevail – 1200 Studies that refute vaccine claims. Click Below for the link:
Dr. Gerhart is amazed at how exceptionally good this e-book really is. Enjoy!
“This great Nation will endure as it has endured, will revive and will prosper. So, first of all, let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is fear itself—nameless, unreasoning, unjustified terror which paralyzes needed efforts to convert retreat into advance. In every dark hour of our national life a leadership of frankness and vigor has met with that understanding and support of the people themselves which is essential to victory.”
Franklin D. Roosevelt
Stay Informed and learn how to boost your immune system
Knowledge is power, but it is important to implement that knowledge to make it useful. We personally realize how this knowledge can give you peace and direction. We have two recent articles to assist in furthering your knowledge.
Renovare’s Dr. Timothy Gerhart is the author of his commentary “Keeping Well During a Pandemic” that was published by the Sun City West Independent Click below to view this article:
Article – Keeping Well During a Pandemic Independent 2020.03.25
Also we have included a thought provoking commentary from John Lennes that was published in the Star Tribune. Click below to read this article.
Coronavirus response_ When can the pieces come back together_ – StarTribune.com20200328