from: https://www.fannetasticfood.com/ Recipe link: Jamaican Jerk Turkey Burgers
These Jamaican Jerk Turkey Burgers with Pineapple Salsa will be your new favorite easy weeknight meal! Healthy and delicious for the whole family.
PREP TIME15 minutes COOK TIME10 minutes TOTAL TIME 25 minutes YIELD 4 BURGERS
- 1 and 1/2 cups diced pineapple
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon Jamaican jerk seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- coconut oil, as needed
- For serving: whole wheat buns, sliced red onion, lettuce, etc.
- In a bowl, stir together the pineapple, bell pepper, red onion, lime zest and juice, and cilantro. Season to taste with salt and pepper, then set aside.
- Combine the ground turkey and jerk seasoning, mixing just until combined. Be careful not to overmix, or the meat can become tough. Divide the turkey into four portions and shape into disks. Season with salt and pepper.
- To cook the burgers on a grill, lay a sheet of aluminum foil greased with coconut oil over the grill grates in case the burgers crumble a little. Place the burgers onto the foil and cook over high heat until golden brown on one side. Flip the burgers, cook until browned on the other side. Reduce heat to medium and close the grill cover, cooking until the meat is fully cooked through and no longer pink.
- To cook the burgers in a pan, heat a thin layer of coconut oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add the burgers and cook until golden brown on one side. Flip the burgers, cook until browned on the other side. Reduce the heat to medium, cover the pan, and cook 5-6 more minutes, until the meat is fully cooked through and no longer pink.
- Serve burgers with the salsa, on buns if desired. Enjoy!