How Linoleic acid (Omega 6) fats WRECK our health– worse than sugar!
Our diets have changed greatly in comparison to our ancestors.
Then: In 1850: We ate 2-3 grams per day of linoleic acid (from seed oils). Linolenic Acid use to make up 1% – 3% of the energy in the human diet and there was virtually no cancer, heart disease, obesity, diabetes, macular degeneration
Now: We on average eat 30 – 40 grams of linolenic acid. This makes up 15% – 20% of energy in our diet and we now have exploding rates of cancer, heart disease, obesity, diabetes, macular degeneration from increase of pervasive linoleic acid (LA) – perhaps the greatest health experiment in history!
Linoleic acid (LA) acts as a metabolic poison – damages our mitochondria
- Primary contributor to nearly all chronic disease
- Highly susceptible to oxidation including OXLAMS (oxidated LA metabolites)
- Omega 3 to Omega 6 ratio is important
- Can’t fix by just increasing Omega 3 fish oil intake – must decrease linoleic acid
Linoleic Acid is our Enemy – many feel better in just days by eliminating Linoleic acid
Factory-farmed Chicken fed LA rich grains (soybeans, corn) as well as the oils below:
Healthy Saturated Fat is our Friend!
- Beef is great – grass fed best
- Antibiotic free pork
- Organic or free-range chicken is fine. Factory farmed chicken is not.
- Ghee (clarified butter – best for those who are dairy sensitive) or grass fed butter
- Tallow – saturated fat from beef (get grass fed or organic)
- Lard – saturated fat from pork (get antibiotic-free, free range)
- Avocados best or avocado oil
- Coconut or coconut oil
- Olives or Olive oil – Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) only, avoid the cheap stuff that is adulterated with cheap vegetable oils high in linoleic acid
- Cocoa Butter
- Palm Oil
- Macadamia Oil
Note: Can be ordered online at fatworksfoods.com
Cardiolipin is a particular fat ONLY located in our mitochondria.
- 20% of all our fat is as Cardiolipin
- Made up of 4 fatty acids
- Can include LA, or EPA, or DHA, oleic acid, palmitic acid etc.
- LA in Cardiolipin is especially susceptible to oxidation
- Animals typically develop cancer when LA in diet reaches 4% to 10% of energy intake since OXLAMs trigger cancer
High LA diets cause obesity, heart disease and High saturated fat diets don’t get fat or sick
High LA increases risk of Sunburn and raises risk of acute respiratory disease and Covid-19
Top Sources of LA: May feel better in days
- Chips fried in vegetable oil
- Commercial salad dressings
- French Fries and other fried foods
- Virtually all processed foods
To learn more: https://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2020/12/13/linoleic-acid-health-effects.aspx?ui=9e9a02979a17667dbd9b7e20d7c0daa8e9b7fa45f6d1d9734470678d22aa9b73&cid_source=dnl&cid_medium=email&cid_content=art1HL&cid=20201213_HL2&mid=DM746090&rid=1033683774