I (Dr. Gerhart) have suffered with chronic low-level nagging pain in my neck, shoulders, midback, low back and legs for many years. I have invested thousands in deep tissue massage, Rolfing, Gua Sha adhesion release, and every other therapy you can think of. While most have helped, nothing has reversed the scar tissue & adhesions to create the deep, long-lasting improvements I really wanted.
I had a large collection of adhesions, scar tissue, and tender trigger points. My fascia and muscle layers were glued together into a nasty mess (red cross hatch lines in graphic below) resulting in chronic pain. Healthy muscle & fascia fibers are in blue.
Scar tissue can pinch, twist, squeeze nerves triggering chronic pain. Scar tissue itself can be up to a 1000X more pain sensitive than healthy tissue. Enter Pulsed Wave Therapy (aka Radial Shock Wave Therapy) which works by:
- Signaling our cells to turn on major healing and repair pathways via mechanobiology – an exciting new field of research.
- Turning off chronic pain and inflammation cycles to Close the Pain Gate
- Age reversing effect via Stem Cell formation & activation for youthful vitality in our stiff, tight, injured areas including cartilage regeneration.
- Can even reverse calcification in tendons, ligaments, and muscles especially in the shoulder.
- Activating revolutionary cell communication via mechanotransduction
- Creating new bone & blood vessels to support youthful muscles, fascia, ligaments, and tendons.
- Increases cell energy for healing
- Releasing Substance P – a key neurotransmitter responsible for turning off pain
Personally, I have experienced more pain relief & softening of hard knots than I thought possible with my initial therapy sessions. I can’t wait to get more.
Our Pulsed Wave Therapy unit has FDA approval for a large number of conditions:
Each therapy session takes about 20 minutes to treat one area for a fee of 79. Adding laser therapy if needed adds a synergistic even more profound healing effect for a fee of 97. Just 4-6 sessions typically needed to effectively treat a problem area for lasting results.