Vegan and Paleo – No baking required
You will enjoy this wonderful, easy recipe on a hot summer day. This is a yummy treat for all ages! Try using carob chips or chocolate chips sweentened with monk fruit or stevia as an allternative.
- 1 cup date paste
- 2/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 3–4 frozen bananas
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- Optional: more chocolate chips
- Combine all the cookie dough ingredients. Mix. It should just barely hold together, if it’s too dry add more date paste.
- Divide into 2 equal parts.
- Press half of the dough into the bottom of an 8×5″ pan (or a loaf pan or even a tupperware container) lined with parchment paper.
- Blend the frozen bananas and coconut milk until smooth. Add the chocolate chips (if using) and blend briefly to combine.
- Pour on top of the cookie dough.
- Freeze for 2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes to prevent ice crystals.
- Press the other half of the cookie dough into a rectangle.
- Once the ice cream is firm enough, add the top layer of cookie dough and gently press.
- Freeze overnight (or at least 8 hours).
- Once frozen, slice into bars and enjoy! Keep in the freezer.
Visit: https://nataliejo.co/cookie-dough-ice-cream-sandwiches/#tasty-recipes-14928 and check out more recipes!