The holiday season can filled with hustle and bustle, creating much stress in our bodies. Wouldn’t it be wonderful if there was a quick, effective technique to help reduce this stress? Well there is! Intentional, deep breathing can help shift your body and emotions into a state of peace and relaxation.
One simple technique is called the 4-7-8 breathing technique. This technique is explained in the below video by Dr. Andrew Weil.
Intentional deep breathing has many health benefits:
- Detoxifies and Releases Toxins
- Releases Tension and Calm Nerves
- Improves Quality of the Blood
- Strengthen the Lungs
- Elevates Moods
- Can help lower blood pressure
- Helps your digestive system
- Releases endorphins throughout the body.
- Endorphins are feel-good, natural painkillers created by our own bodies.
- Increases oxygen which provides energy,
Learning a few techniques and taking just a few moments each day to practice some deep breathing exercises can decrease stress, relax your mind and body and help you sleep better too!
This season….just breathe!