We have 5 TRILLION synapses in our brain – the most complex network in the known universe! Each synapse is a small gap at the end of a neuron (nerve cell) that allows a signal to pass from one neuron to the next.
With dementia, we lack the resources (energy, nutritents, ATP, stimulation) to support these synapses, so they begin to wither.
Below are examples of possible symptoms that can occurr if nerve synapses begin to wither. Everyone is different:
- At 10% loss, we likely notice nothing – our brain compensates
- Same at 20%
- At 30%, perhaps we think it is just “aging” even if we are age 45
- At 40%, more noticeable. We may develop chronic digestive problems and anxiety/depression and insomnia.
- At 50% loss, we may be diagnosed with “Mild Cognitive Decline” which is really early dementia.
- At 60% or speech and hearing decline, our automatic functions start to decline – perhaps high blood pressure, fatigue, and respiratory problems develop.At 70 or 80% loss, we don’t remember our family and friends.
- At 70 or 80% loss – we don’t remember our family and friends
- Beyond – organ systems start to shut down until we eventually die from our Neurodegenerative disease (not pneumonia, COVID, or other)
It is very Important to get a “Cognoscopy” (colonoscopy for the brain) to pick up problems early when they can more easily be helped.
- Neurocognitive Assessment
- Balance and Sensory Integration
- Brain Gauge
- QEEG Brain Scan
- Omega Quant
- Blood testing profile
Our brain assessment package known as the “Brain Trilogy” – consists of the Neurocognitive Assessment, Balance and Sensory Integration and Brain Gauge for a cost of 297.00.
Click on each highlighted link for more detailed information.
Call our office for information on Blood Testing Profile and the Omega Quant test at 623.776.0206